Tips for Extending the Life of your Boat Cover
BoatCoversDirect helps you extend the life of your boat cover with the boat cover reinforcement and repair kit. Containing self-adhesive material, the boat cover reinforcement kit allows you to pad stress points and repair trouble spots. You can also prolong the life of your boat cover by taking the following precautions.
- Always secure your boat cover properly with tie downs
- Use the boat cover reinforcement kit to pad the trolling motors, depth finder, windshield, and other sharp areas before installing the cover.
- Do not let water or snow stand on the boat cover.
- Keep the boat cover clean and mildew-free.
- Clean with a mild non-detergent soap such as Dreft or Ivory and warm water, and rinse thoroughly. Likewise, you can use 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner, which is specially formulated for outdoor fabrics.
- Detergents will harm water repellency, so do not use them.
- Treat your cover with a water repellent such as 303 High Tech Fabric Guard Water Repellent.
- Use our support poles or support system to properly support the cover.
- Before storage or folding, make sure cover is clean and dry
- Take precautions to prevent mildew by preparing your boat and ridding it of moisture before you cover it.
Your boat cover is an important part of protecting your investment. Keep it clean and prolong its life with a boat cover reinforcement kit. Ready to protect your boat with a cover? Choose your boat's manufacturer.