Boat Food - Banana Boats! (Kids Love These)
Last summer, a friend of mine made these while we were camping on Lake Greenwood. They are YUMMY! We make them right along with our nightly s'mores!
For each “boat” you will need:
- 1 banana (unpeeled)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate (use chocolate chips or small pieces of chocolate candy bar)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
To construct the “boat”:
- Peel the top section of the banana down so only a small strip of fruit is showing.
- Cut slices about ½” wide and remove every other section.
- Put chocolate and marshmallows into the spaces.
- Replace the peel over the exposed section of the banana.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place in coals of campfire.
- Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from campfire. BE CAREFUL!!! Packet will be HOT!
**These are also great with a little dab of peanut butter or chopped peanut butter cups. Be creative!**