Waterskiing Safety Tips for Correct Craft Boats
Correct Crafts make top notch ski and wakeboarding boats. BoatCoversDirect.com can help you get the most out of your Correct Craft boat by providing a cover to protect your investment when you're not on the water, and a bimini top that provides sun protection, allowing you to stay on the water longer. Along with using Correct Craft boat covers and bimini tops, BoatCoversDirect.com provides some basic safety tips for skiers and wakeboarders.
- Learn hand signals before skiing so you can better communicate with the driver and spotter. Signals improve safety, and flow both ways between the spotter and the skier.
- Always watch the skier. This means a driver alone in the boat needs a mirror, or a third adult needs to serve as a spotter to communicate with the skier.
- Maintain distance from other boats and buoy markers so the skier has room to maneuver.
- Everyone on the boat and skis should always wear a properly fitting life jacket approved by the US Coast Guard.
- Stay near a fallen skier with the boat. Skiers that fall should hold up a ski so other boats can see them.
- Indicate to other boaters you have a skier by displaying an orange flag.
Cover your Correct Craft with boat covers and bimini tops, and follow proper safety procedures to make the most of the time you spend on the water. That way, you'll be able to enjoy waterskiing for years to come.
Find the Correct Craft boat covers and bimini tops for your boat.